FOLLOW ME EVERYWHERE

Saturday, January 15, 2011

BACK TO US

It is really time for a new post. It's been a month! At the moment I'm living and breathing my essay (obviously not now).

This week I tried out garageband for the first time in my life and it is really complex. If anyone knows how it works, please, help me. I recorded a song and this was the result:



The sound is really bad and at a certain moment you hear my dad and my sister laughing. ;) I just recorded it for fun. I think I'm going to start recording more! It's really funny and strange to hear yourself sing. I really hate my voice when I listen to it. Everybody has that though.

I was walking in the park with my dog Max two days ago and I saw a man. He was sitting on one of the benches pulling out his bag with food. He was homeless and had to eat out in the cold. Although I think the Dutch system gives people the option to live in homes, so it was a strange sight. You don't see a lot of homeless people here. I was shivering cold and I couldn't imagine eating my dinner out here. I really felt bad for him, but what could I really do for him. I've been thinking lately of doing some kind of community service, but I don't know what yet. In my next week off I  have nothing planned yet and most of my friends are going somewhere (I think). So I might do some community service or some other job. I've been looking on internet for the past 2 days and I can't really find anything that's really for someone of my age. But there is an office in the center of Utrecht so I guess they'll be able to find something for me!

I've been thinking about next summer a lot for the past week and I have half made plans. I really want to go on vacation with my friends for a week! They're going to Texel, which is an island up north. It's one of the 5/6 islands in Holland. TVTAS ('tvbag') --> Texel, Vlieland, Terschelling, Ameland, Schiermonnikoog. We would go for a camping trip, but I still have to convince my parents. So I hope that after they read this they'll come running down stairs and say: 'Of course you can go on a camping trip with your friends!' I mean, I am going to be on my own in 1.5 years! And then it will only be a year! So enough reasons, I think. ;)

 I'm also thinking of doing a summer program at an American University. You can take any course you want (no credit) and the selection is so big! They have very weird courses as well. I forget, but trust me, everything under the sun! When I mentioned this to my sister, she asked me why I would want to go to school when I finally have summer vacation. That is so true, but I think there is so much more to it then that. It's probably not only studying, but also making new friends and having fun. And you are taking a course you yourself selected. So I'm really excited about that too.

Well, enough for now. Oh, and Dieske and I are going to post our own song when we've finished and recorded it!

Thank you for reading!

BACK TO US - KINA GRANNIS (FT. JULIA DUNN)

No comments:

Post a Comment